DIY Jewelry Organization

In our old apartment, I had most of my jewelry in vintage boxes and my necklaces hung from two large hooks on the bathroom wall.  Since we moved, it’s all still in a box because I haven’t figured out how I want to organize it yet.  I started looking around for some good ideas and thought I would share some of the best.

Lori from Paisley Wallpaper stores her jewelry in these cute little molds.  Great idea if you have the drawer space!

I love the way an old frame and a piece of screen were used for an earring display.  Check out the full tutorial at Restored Style [she also has some other great jewelry storage ideas, so be sure to look around].

Or if DIY is not your thing, you can buy one that someone else made by hand.  This earring frame was built from weathered barn wood by Paradise Hill Designs.

This one is yet another great example of re-purposing burlap.  Marianne used a coffee sack, a large frame, and a few hooks to make this lovely creation.  Read all about it on her blog, Songbird.

Erin from Little e found these antlers at a thrift shop while road tripping through Texas.  I love it so much, I might just steal this idea!  But be forewarned … Erin says drilling holes in the antlers to hang them releases quite an odor.  Thankfully, it goes away and you are left with a really cool and creative way to display your necklaces.  This could be great for scarves and maybe even coats too.

If you have a great idea for jewelry organization, let me know!  Would love to share it!  XO.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

9 Comments

• gill
    October 22, 2010 - 2:00 pm | Permalink

these are some really great ideas! i love them all.

• donna
    October 22, 2010 - 2:01 pm | Permalink

hard to decide which idea i want to use! so much better than throwing everything into a jewelry box.

• stacey
    October 22, 2010 - 2:02 pm | Permalink

i wish i had the drawer space for those little molds, but i think i’m going to try to make one of those screen frames for all of my earrings – so cute!

• Patricia
    October 22, 2010 - 11:04 pm | Permalink

All of this look great! love the molds one but I´m so unorganized that I would be putting anything but jewlery in them in no time!
    I have one of Kikibella´s organizer´s from Etsy here ===>

Mine has pink ballerinas on the fabric, it´s not available as I see anymore but there are great fabrics! I might need to get a new one!

• October 27, 2010 - 5:55 pm | Permalink

Patricia – those organizer’s are totally cute too! good find!

• Patricia
    November 9, 2010 - 3:51 am | Permalink

I´m back! I´m sorry but I have just seen this and I thought it was perfect for you! (If you are in from some craft!)

Hope you like it!

• November 9, 2010 - 3:05 pm | Permalink

so cute! love it, patricia!

• November 18, 2010 - 6:57 am | Permalink

Thanks so much for including my earring holder! Love the jewelry wrap-up….so many fun ideas!!!

• June 15, 2011 - 2:42 pm | Permalink

such cute ideas. i recently made my own display too. check it out: http://lifeinprogress-jesslope.blogspot.com/2011/06/made-it-myself.html