I’ve never really been one to make New Year’s Resolutions, but this year I think I’m going to give it a try. And I figure, why wait until the 31st?
1. Update this blog! I have no problem changing my hair or my wardrobe or whatever else might not be ‘doing it’ for me anymore, so why not the blog? There are little things that have been driving me crazy about it for awhile – like this font. I hate this font now. I feel like making some minor adjustments will make me want to blog more …
2. Complete a blog post EVERY DAY. Even if it’s just a sentence or a photo. It will force me to take at least five minutes for myself.
3. Stop biting my nails. I have had beautiful nails only twice in my life and they only lasted for a few weeks and then I’m back to nipping them off again. If I can break this bad habit, I can break them all!
4. Continue working out a minimum of four times a week. I’ve been pretty good with this the past month or so and I’d like to see myself keep up the good work and get back into those ‘way before Ava was conceived’ jeans.
5. Finish what I start. My husband says I am an ideas person, and it’s true. I have lots of ideas, but very few of them ever come to life. I even had the idea to write them all down and publish a book of ideas for other people to follow through. Time to step it up!
6. Learn photoshop. Something I’ve been meaning to do for awhile now.
7. Read more. And not blogs or magazines – books.
8. Start writing in Ava’s journal again. While I was pregnant, I started a journal to give to Ava when she’s older. I haven’t written in it in almost year. [Yet another finish what I start issue.]
9. Hire a babysitter. Ava is three years old and we’ve never had a sitter. A few times, either my mom or Mike’s parents have watched her while we slipped out for dinner, but other than that the three of us go everywhere together. Time for a little one on one time with the husband [or some girlfriends]!
10. Go to the dentist, eye doctor, and general physician. It has been embarrassingly too long.